Fish skewers remind me of a lazy Italian summer evening, spent enjoying a very long lunch in a sunny restaurant on the beach. I know, in Sydney it’s not summer yet. However, we are so lucky to have such a warm winter weather that I want to make the most of it.
So I decided to bring the summer into my dining room. We prepared a lot of fish skewers for a Sunday lunch, and we used the leftover for a warm salad on Monday dinner after work. A fresh idea to increase your fish intake! Buon Appetito
Ingredients for 4 ppls
1 salmon fillet, chopped in large cubes
150g raw Prawns, cleaned
6 scallops, chopped in 3
1 squid, cut in squared
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red capsicum , sliced
Salt and pepper
- Place the fish and seafood with oil, fresh lemon juice and chilli flakes in a bowl and mix well
- Prepare the skewers as per your preference; you can be very meticulous and follow the same pattern
or do like me and mix it all up. The important bit it to top each skewer with a little slice of lemon
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat. Cook the skewer in two or three butches. Set aside
- Serve with a pearl cous cous salad (cous cous, raw red onion, parsley, cherry tomatoes and fresh mint leaves with a light dressing of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar) and an unfailing green leave salad.
We we love it:
– It’s a simple and tasty way to consume more fish, hence to increase your intake of lean protein and most importantly fish oil, so beneficial for our heart and veins
– It’s packed with vegetable too, so it’s a good source of fibre that is important for our digestive health and regular bowel moveements. Fibre also helps you feel full longer, can improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels and can assist in preventing some diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and bowel cancer! What more could you ask for?