Vegetable lasagne is a healthier, lighter and more colourful variation of the classic lasagne, undisputed star dish beloved by young and adults all around the world. The white sauce (besciamella) is substituted with smooth ricotta, to further reduce the saturated fat content.
Ingredients Serve 4
- 6 Lasagne pasta sheets
- Smooth ricotta (350g)
- Grated cheese (1 cup)
- 2 zucchini, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups mushroom, sliced
- 4-5 asparagus, choppee
- 1 broccoli head, florets separated
- 1 leek, cut in 1cm rings
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tb extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pan, heat 1.5 tb oil and onion for 3-4 mins, until onion is soft. Add the leek and 1 smashed garlic cloves, and after 1 minute add the vegetable stock. When leek is soft, add the carrots, then broccoli,eggplant, zucchini, and lastly capsicum. Cook for other 5 minutes, turn off the heat and add the chopped tomatoes and parsley.
- In a small pan, heat the remain oil, add 1 smashed garlic cloves and optional chilli flakes. When the garlic is nice and golden, toss mushroom and asparagus. Pour less than half glass of wine, cook for 2-3 minutes until the wine evaporates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now that all the ingredients are ready, it’s time to build the lasagne: grease the bottom of a baking dish 20×30 cm with a little olive oil, add about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta, with the aid of the back of a spoon distribute it over the entire bottom of the dish. Arrange 2 lasagne sheets on top, spread evenly other 3 tablespoons of the ricotta and 1/4 cup grated cheese and continue to make up the first
layer adding the mixed sauteed vegetable, the mushrooms and thyme.
- Continue layering (ricotta and cheese, lasagne sheets, vegetables, mushrooms and thyme) with remaining ingredients. Once arrived at the last layer of vegetables, sprinkle with some grated cheese
- Baked for 25 minutes in preheated oven at 180 degrees, until a nice crisp crust is formed on the top!